By distributing JPY1,000,000
to 1,000 individuals, this ‘social
experiment’ aims to research how a life
with Basic Income affects people.
Basic Income is a system that allows all citizens to receive money unconditionally on a regular basis. It has been a topic of debate in many countries and some are considering implementing it.
Why is Maezawa
How will it
4 groups will be surveyed
over a period of one year.
They will answer a total of
17 questionnaires and the effect that the money has will be analyzed.
in one payment
in April, 2020
in one payment
in October, 2020
in smaller monthly payments
over a period of 1 year
but will contribute
to the social
Participants WantedWe are looking for people who would like to participate in the ‘Maezawa Method Basic Income Social Experiment’.
Experiment has ended.
Thank you for your participation.
Professor at Hitotsubashi University Institute of Economic Research
Graduate of The University of Tokyo School of Economics. Completed Doctoral Course at University of Tokyo. PhD in Economics. Engaged in research activities at Keio Univ., Kyoto Univ. and Kobe Univ. Currently a Professor at Hitotsubashi University. Specializes in Japanese economy, household consumption and economic statistics.
Associate Professor at Komazawa University School of Economics
Part-time Lecturer at Waseda University. Senior Research Fellow at Keio University SFC. PhD in Economics. Obtained Doctoral Degree at Waseda University. Graduate School of Economics in 2011. Assistant Professor at Waseda University School of Political Science and Economics. Senior Lecturer at Komazawa…Read more University School of Economics. Assistant Professor at Komazawa University since 2017. Specializes in Macroeconomics. Often debates on the effect that AI has on the economy. Has written books such as 'A New Textbook of Java', The Future of Artificial Intelligence and Economy', 'Helicopter Money', 'Artificial Super Intelligence', 'New Basic Income', 'Theories in the AI Era', 'The Pure Mechanized Economy' and 'MMT'.
What We Want to Find Out
The 2 key aspects
we want to find out about
- The possibility of improving one’s labor productivity
- The possibility of increasing one’s motivation to work and challenge themselves
we plan to research on
- The effect cash benefits have on one’s labor productivity
- The effect cash benefits have on one’s level of happiness
- The effect cash benefits have on one’s health
- The effect cash benefits have on one’s expenditures（the change in the amount and purpose of the expenditure）
- The effect cash benefits have on one’s expenditures
- The effect cash benefits have on one’s relationship with others
- The effect cash benefits have on one’s countermeasure for declining birthrate
- The different effects seen from various payment methods
- The difference in behavior seen from various characteristics and personalities of the recipients
- Any effects similar to those from 1 to 9 that are likely to be helpful when considering the implementation of Basic Income